In a nut shell the Radical Feminism explains the dominated feminist perspectives on women abuse. Radical feminists see male power and privilege as the root cause of all social relations, inequality and crime. Some of the main causes for inequality they argue is the need for men to control women's sexuality and reproductive potential and the state of patriarchy we live in.
Feminist work has dedicated on concentrating on female victims/survivors of male violence. The Radical feminist theory contends that men physically, sexually, and psychologically victimize women mainly because they desire and feel the need to control them.
I know very well what this feels like, to be controlled by a man. I never thought in my life that I would ever experience anything like it. It is very subtle, in the way it begins. I'm just thrilled I have taken a lot of therapy, and with the courses I've taken in school, I understand this is a sociological imagination many women face. I am even more happy and proud of myself, because women in domestic violence relationships have a very hard time getting out, and at worst end up dead. I can also say that I can easily see now, when a women is in that unfortunate circumstance. It is occurring a lot more than we think.

Comments
Post a Comment